
to catch you up....although almost all of you who read my blog know most of the stuff i put on here...my granny passed away. I miss her alot but part of me feels like its not real. It was a bitter sweet situation. at least she is now at peace. I went home for two weeks and had a really good time I was ready to head back to Texas but now I miss my family again:) I guess I will forever want what I cant have. :) Ok so to the Texas talk. Of course I have loved Texas my whole life and my decsion to move here was filling a life long goal. I do have to admit a bit of culture shock. Everyone here drinks and smokes....A LOT! There is always a Texas country band playing somewhere close by(rock music plus country equals Texas country)people are constantly being really redneck and no notices but me and of course they way they talk. I was talking to Heather the other day while i was feeding the birds and i realized that eveytime a bird in a its food or water dish i cant say "move over" or "get away" or something to get them off it....i have to say "get on yonder" GET ON YONDER! i now say yonder on a regular basis! thats the way my nanny talks to them, so they listen when i say that. heather died laughing of course and that got me thinking other things Texas people say. after talking to heather that night i started paying closer attention. the next morning my nanny was talking about some Mexicans and she called them "Mesican" HEHEHE of course i got on the phone to tell heather. ok lets get this over with........fixin to "I'm fixin to go to the store".....while ago "I was over there while ago" The Walmart. They go to The Walmart not Walmart but The walmart...they also do this with sonic....The sonic. "Man theys alot of people in there" LOL!! My family and friends are now telling me when they notice their Texas Talk. Man i love Texas!!!!! (of course there is y'all but I'm really used to that one...I've implemented that into my vocab a long time ago)



No comments:
Post a Comment