October 28, 2009

Here comes the Bride



Well for those of you who haven't heard.....I'M GETTING MARRIED! crazy i know! :) I met Jason here in Texas. Short version...he is my cousins best friend, he is amazing!, treats me like a princess, we are in love and sometimes love makes you do crazy things.....like getting married quickly and then moving back to Washington :) We are both pretty excited for what life has in store for us. We are getting married on November 14......which is coming very quickly. Because we decided we wanted to do this quickly it leaves us scrambling to get things done with very little money. My whole family (Mom, Dad, Carrie, Don, Mandy, Blake, Joe, Laura, Isabelle, Jordan, Damsel, Steven) are all coming down....what can i say I'm really lucky to have an amazingly supportive family. The girls will get here the Thursday before and the guys will get here that Friday. I'm having a fall wedding, its in a rec center in Saginaw Texas. It is a log cabin. My mom and Mandy are bringing a lot and my Nanny and i have been shopping fools. The big stuff is ready now we are just working on little details. My colors are burnt orange and brown with a little green and yellow thrown in. One of Jason's friends is having the cake made, i am doing my own flowers....ask me how i feel about that after the wedding. I am using the bottom of Isabelle's wedding dress and bought a top....that go pretty well....surprisingly enough. Our wedding is going to be far from traditional. We are not having bridesmaids or groomsman. My niece and nephew, Damsel and Blake, are walking me down the aisle. We are having our first dance with others dancing with us. I am really excited and my mom and I are constantly telling each other it is going to turn out great! I really think it will. For food we are serving finger foods with hot chocolate and apple cider. Our favors are going to be caramel apples and popcorn balls. We still have a ton to do....but I am at the point to where I can't wait for that day to come and go. We are going to have a reception in Washington when we get back. So keep an eye out for an invitation if you live in Washington :) To anyone out there who hasn't gotten a phone call from me lately....especially Michelle!....i am so sorry and will soon! 17 days till I am Rachel Anderson! :) Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Michelle Malesis said...

I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! You know I won't hate on you for not calling me. I've got my peeps that call your peeps to get all the info on your life. O.k I really just call yoyo. :) I can't imagine how busy you are, not only getting married but a last minute one...CRAZY. You'll pull it off so good I'm sure. Can't wait to see you and meet your HUSBAND!!! LOVE YOU