April 30, 2010

Whats in a name???!

Hello blogging world! I have once again been inspired by a fellow blogger....and by fellow blogger i mean someone who actually updates there blog. So once again....I'm going to try to remember to let people know whats going on in the life of Rachel! I've also decided that since I'm married this should be the Rachel and Jason blog.....lets see how well that works too! Lol!


So my Entire life my mom taught me that my name is Rachel LouAnnE emphasis on the E. My senior year in high school my friends and I took a trip to Canada for spring break and had to get a copy of my birth certificate. To my dismay my birth certificate is spelled LouAnn.......NO eeeeeee!!!!! I was....and still am....so upset with my mom for lying to me my whole life!!!! She was just as shocked. It has now been 8 years since I've learned that my name is spelt wrong on my birth certificate...because by the way I love the E in my name! I've told this story a few times....cause really I think its funny. The other day I was tell my dads friend the story and my dads mouth just about dropped open! he said....and I quote..."Rachel you are crazy! your name is NOT spelt wrong! you were named after my mom Lou (who raised him) and my mom Peggy Ann (who is his real mom and died when he was young)." I think its safe to say the mystery has been solved........my dad is the one who filled out the birth certificate paper work!!!! and by the way.....my mom says my name should have had an E on it....because her name is JoAnne and she wanted it like hers.....with an E! :)

My moms middle name is JoAnne, mine is LouAnn, Laura's is LeAnne, and Isabelle's is Angela.....so you get it we all have Ann names. The plan my whole life has been to name my girls with Anne names. But of course I'm a drama queen and there has to be drama with that. :) The other day I said my whole name out loud Rachel LouAnn Anderson.....go ahead say it out loud just in case you didn't catch on to the drama. There are two Anns!! ANN ANderson!!! ugh!! I was so distraught! Names are important to me! I love being an Anderson because it connects Jason and I, but my little heart broke when I realized I either have to give my girls double Ann's (yuck!) or give up my Ann tradition! Sorry to leave you hanging but I've decided that I can freak out about it later....if I ever get a girl! something tells me that because the opposite sex has ruled my life......I will get my wish!! :)


Speaking of being careful for what you wish for (ok one last shoot off from the way i think.) I have loved Texas my whole life and would have given my left arm to live there when I was younger! I mean for heavens sake that's why I went to Texas last July!! well life in Washington has not been as easy as we thought. Jason has had a really hard time finding a job in Washington and went to visit Texas for two weeks and thought he would try his luck there.....well the heavens were smiling down on Jason:) and he got a job in Texas.......like i said....be careful what you wish for!!! :)

1 comment:

Michelle Malesis said...

Love the new blog Rachel and thats a great story about your name!!!