April 27, 2011

Work in Progress!


Hello friends!!! It is once again that fun time to write an update on my life! I know you can barely contain your excitement, but trust me .....it is not that interesting!! :) I am still here in the great state of Texas! I am loving almost every minute of it. Life is really really great, but it is really really hard too. I have a problem in my life that I am always waiting/ wanting the "next part" of my life to start. (thus the almost part.) I have tried really hard not to be like that....but to no avail. What can I say, I am a constant work in progress.

I am working at an Oil and Gas company here in Decatur, Texas. I love my job, I love the people I work with, and is it good pay! I love love love love LOVE my ward! They are totally awesome!! I truly believe that my ward is the reason I was supposed to stay here. I am in the Releif Society Presidency, which helps me meet more of them, and helps them know who I am. :) I moved out of my Aunt Janice and Uncle Ray's house. I asked my Bishop if he knew of anywhere I could live. He called me back the next day and said that there was an elderly lady in our ward who's husband was in a nursing home with Alzheimer's. I will admit it, I was like.....um what?! I went and met her and fell in love! She is beyond amazing! Her name is Veda Jo, she is 77 yrs old, and I love living with her! I do have my own room and bathroom, which is pretty awesome....not gunna lie. Our Heavenly Father loves us both! We both needed each other! I am beyond grateful that she took a chance on me.....cause we only met once before I moved in. What could I possibly have in common with a 77 yr old!? A ton more than you would think. :)

so whats next??.....well beyond the long list of things I hope happen in my future, I have been accepted back to BYU-Idaho! I am stuck in a place where I don't really understand what my Heavenly Father wants me to do. I applied for Fall (only cause I missed the deadline for this past winter/spring). BUT they did not accept me back for Fall.....they accepted me back for WINTER! UGH!!! IT SEEMS SO FAR AWAY! I know it will probably be here before I can blink again.....but man! I am ready to MOVE ON!!!! Please don't get me wrong I LOVE it here! (see 1st paragraph) BUT lets be honest ....I am getting older. TRUST ME! I KNOW! and my Aunt Janice reminds me regularly that my clock is ticking and that all I want out of life is to be a wife and mother....which is beyond TRUE! :) I am sure there are a few nice boys in this area.....but seriously! I just got asked on my first day from a guy who already has HIS MISSION CALL! (I do think he is really like 20, 21, 22, BUT I AM 27!!! AND DIVORCED!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA) *SIGH! I have contemplated moving back to Rexburg before January....but then of course there is the money issue (Have I told you lately just how much I HATE being an adult!!??) I am trying to be patient.....which is really hard for me! So...while I wait to know what to do....I am taking this time of not understanding to try and better myself and try to find answers....but I guess I will have to keep waiting.

I do have a fun little trip to Rexburg planned in June. One of my favorite people of all time...and the best county dancing buddie ever, Leslie, is getting married! I would not miss her reception for the world! Both she and her future hubby and big county dancers....so basically....I am pretty sure her party will be off the chain! I heard it is in a barn?! or something like that! Cool Huh??! any who. I thought driving a uhaul with most of my stuff during a summer month AND getting to go to her wedding was a PERFECT idea! Still not sure how it is all going to work out.....but I am doing the "go by faith" thing....which I am pretty sure my Dad is not a big fan of! haha!

In other big Rachel news....I went home two weekends ago to go the temple with my family. It was BEYOND AMAZING! I got to spend a few days with all of my family and got to see a few friends I hadnt seen in awhile.( Makes me kinda wanna be home right now.) To top it all off my best friend in the whole wide world, Heather, surprised me IN the temple. Carrie leaned over and told me not to scream. Kinda funny when your parents forget you are not 16 anymore. :) I have always loved the temple, and now I love it even more! Cannot wait till I get to get married there. What can I say, I guess I really am still 16 at heart.

So, as I look forward to my Texas time ending I am trying to find the balance between living it up and preparing for what is next. Part of me wants to live here for forever, and part of me never wants to come back. Part of me wants to go to Billy Bob's every weekend, and part of me knows I will need money to feed myself with when I finally get to Rexburg. Part of me wants to get a second job to help the time fly, and part of me wants to never be away from my Nanny and Papa again. Still havent quite found my balance, but like I said I am a work in progress.

Do you feel caught up? You should. There isnt much beyond that. In Texas. Love it here. Ready to leave. Going back to BYUI. Simple right?

1 comment:

Katie Koivisto said...

Rachel, I seriously love you! You optimism and spunkiness make me want to listen to country music and dance around my apartment! Please keep this blog updated!!! If anything, you're at least updating me and lifting me up!!!! Hugs from Finland!!!