I always wanted to keep a journal. You hear about the people who have their great great great grandmothers journal and how they cherish them. I've attempted to keep up on one many a time in my life. I be able to be faithful for a few weeks, and then get distracted. The thing I hate about my journals is they are all filled with boys. That seems to be the only thing I think is note worthy in my life. When I read back over them I end up ripping pages out because I sound so ridiculous. I was so excited to start a blog ....my way of attempting to remember random things about my life. SIDE NOTE: I have a horrible memory. Most of the memories I have are because of my pictures. When I see it, I can remember what we did....ect. I'm pretty sure that is why I am obsessed with pictures. So, back to being excited about blogging. I want to have the wonderful blogs like my friends. Honestly....right now I am not a fan of blogging. Don't get me wrong, I still love the idea....just right now I wish I could rip a few pages out. :) The hardest part of living in a world filled with technology is you have proof of what you said and did....ect. I have blogs, post, comments, pictures and a million updates that make me look like an idiot. I was in love, thinking my life was going to be wonderfuly happy in Texas. Little did I know that my husband was not feeling the same way. Now, depending on the day....I can be thankful to be getting out of my marriage for a million different reasons, or I can be crying and sometimes just down right pissed off about it.... for a million different reasons. I have wanted to write a blog about it....maybe even just to remember how I was feeling at this time in my life......but I think this is more than I want to remember. :)
I'm at a point in my life that I don't know where to go. I want to stomp my feet a say..." I am NOT leaving Texas! This is MY dream!" I want to go back home so when I cry, my mom can hug me. I want to be in Rexburg so bad I can almost taste it. Remember how I said I hate being an adult!? LIfe after divorce is not helping me get over that :) Wait....I mean during divorce.
I am not the first person to make a mistake.....and I don't even like calling it that. I'm not the first mormon woman to get divorced. The things I am going through are not firsts in the world, even though they are firsts for me....Kinda. :)
The awesome parts about Texas? Well first a formost.....I AM LIVING IN TEXAS! HELLO!! :) I love being around my Texas family. We have done so many fun things! I have a job.....and I LOVE IT! I am meeting a lot of people who think very differently than me. I do know one thing for sure, when it comes time for me to leave here....I will be able to look back with fondness.
Yesterday was my one year wedding anniversary. I admit it ....I cried. Life is crazy...but I cannot look back. I have to only look forward. Looking back only hurts me. I've spend hours trying to figure out where it all went wrong, and I'm pretty sure I know the minute. I remember what I was thinking and feeling, and I will use that as a lesson to myself. I take that back, I can think of a few.....but at least I know what they are.... or at least they are the things that I think happened. Who knows if I will ever really know. But I like my reasons. :) I don't want to be like Lot's wife......I want what is ahead of me....not behind me.
I know my Heavenly Father loves me. I have seen miracles in my life these last few months. They cannot be called anything but miracles. I know my life is not over.....it's just begining.....AGAIN! LOL! I have this picture on my facebook, my phone and now on here......because it helps me to remember that I can be happy, I AM HAPPY. Only more happiness is to come!

Soon I will figure out what I need to do with my life, and where I need to go. I am still in Texas because I need to close/ finish one chapter before I start another. I am young. I am beautiful. I am nice. I am fun. A lot of people truly love me. I am smart. I also know how to change, and am not affraid to do so.....ok maybe I am a little affraid of it.....but change can be a very good thing. Living the gospel is THE ONLY WAY to true happiness, and that is what I am focusing on to keep me sane. Hopefully I can post a blog again soon.....and maybe that day I will be feeling all happiness, rather than a mix of everything possible. :)
(Ever want to know what is going on in my brain? It's a lot like this....bouncing around all over the place! LOL! At least when I am writting something down....I attempt to focus.)



2 comments:
Rachel, I'm so glad you finally updated your blog. And I agree. You are young, beautiful, nice, smart, fun, and absolutely WONDERFUL!
WOW that really was an amazing post, and very insperational in many ways. Thank you very much for sharing everything. Love you!!
Post a Comment