August 30, 2010

The Glass Half Full!

I decided along time ago that I hate being an adult.

When we are young that is all we can think about. " I cant wait till I am a teenager, I can't wait till I'm old enough to date, I can't wait till I'm out of high school, and my favorite....I can't wait till I'm married."

My parents always had this rule that we when we went off to school we were only allowed to date Washington boys. That way if we married them their parents would be in Washington too, and we would have a better chance of living in Washington. I obviously forgot the rule. My family must have forgot how much I love Texas and Texas boys when they all thought it was a great idea to go on my off track to visit my family in the south. I mean I was fulfilling a goal from my "100 things to do before i die" list. I love Texas. Always have. Always will.

Im glad I forgot the rule.

We moved home in November....days after we got married.... ( did you notice I said home....that meant Washington) We had this great plan to live in Washington for the rest of our lives. I mean come on it's beautiful here!! and never too hot and never too cold :) We had figured out that living away from the boys would be fine. I mean lots of people go for a summer to visit their dads. The truth is it didnt work out. Whatever the reasons.... we are heading back to the great state of Texas. :)

If you would have asked me where I wanted to live the rest of my life in high school....I would have said Texas :) Be carefully what you wish for :)

Jason Moved in April and it has been really really really hard being away from him. I've seen him two times. Let's just say I do not know how military wives do it! I can't even explain how excited I am that I don't have to live away from him anymore!!


OK back to I hate being an adult. I hate bills, I hate working, I hate being told I have to be somewhere at a certain time everyday. I'm a brat .... I know :) The thing about hating growing up...is I really havn't. I cooked Chicken by my self for the first time ever a few weeks ago. My family laughed at me and most where throughly disgusted. My mom said I should stop telling people that I'm 26 and just now cooked by myself. I think it's kinda funny.

When I went away for school there was only 4 months where I didn't have a sister with me. for those four months I didnt starve....but I surely didn't cook either.....unless you count mac and cheese and top ramen. I did made a lot of my version of hawaiian haystacks. Rice, Cream of Chicken, Can of Chicken. That is not cooking....I had a rice cooker :) The months I had a sister there...they cooked for me.

I've been married for 9 months and Jason has been gone for over 4. When he was here we lived with my mom. Either my mom or Jason would cook. Once again....they like it...so why not let them do it :) Since then Wingers has kept me fed! :)

The truth and fact of the matter is....I am terrified! I'm moving away, going to a foreign state....trust me it is foreign :), I'm married!! I haven't really lived married yet...it's gunna be werid! I'm going to live in an apt with no roommates...hes my husband not a roommate :) I'm going to have to clean and cook and and and......well I dont know but it is really scary!! I'm going to be a step mom! I mean Jaden has a great mom....but still!! When I hang out with him...I wont be his mom's sister or best friend....I know how to handle all of those situations. but an evil step mom! oh man! ....Good thing I am not evil.

Im grateful I have a wonderful, amazing, kind, loving husband who will help me through all my crying in the next couple weeks :)

This post may not sound like I am excited....but I really am!!! That was going to be the end of this blog but I think to help myself be positive I will tell you all my excitedness!!

1. I will be back with Jason
2. I will be living in Texas....remember it was my dream once upon a time!
3. I will get to see my nanny, papa, and cousins! before i got to see them once every four years...if that!
4. THIS IS A FREAKING ADVENTURE!!!( see I'm excited! )
5. We get to see Jadon a lot!!
6. For the first time since I was SIX I will have everything I own in one place!
7. Dreams do come true (see #2)
8. I get to be grown up!!
plus many many more!

Where ever I am I know I have a lot of friends and family who love me! Thats all you need in life .....no matter where you live! :)

1 comment:

Michelle Malesis said...

I love you Rachel!! I expect lots of phone calls on needing cooking advice from me and Kevin. We will just have to teach you from a distance but you WILL learn. :)